Welsh Government is hosting consultation events on the draft Additional Learning Needs and Education Tribunal (Wales) Bill
The draft Bill proposes a new legal framework to replace the existing legislation surrounding special educational needs and the assessment of children and young people with learning difficulties and/or disabilities in post-16 education and training.
The events will take place in
Places are limited contact 029 2082 3777 or email SENReforms@wales.gsi.gov.uk to book
The agenda is as follows:
- Address via videolink from the Minister for Education and Skills;
- Presentation on the draft Bill and wider reform package;
- Workshops in relation to the consultation on the draft Bill;
- Q&A session, with a panel consisting of representatives for Welsh Government and the Association of Directors of Education Wales
1. Definition of Additional Learning Needs and the 0-25 age range – Discussion on where the focus of the definition should be, age range and responsibility for post-16 provision
2. Individual Development Plans and increased participation by children and young people – Discussion on responsibilities around IDPs, and how to place the learner at the heart of the process
3. High aspirations and improved outcomes – Discussion on the role of Additional Learning Needs Co-ordinators and the educational placement of learners with ALN.
4. Collaboration and multi-agency working – Discussion on expectations of multi-agency collaboration, and the role of health boards in delivering provision included in IDPs.
Please register early to attend as places are limited.