Gary Gould, a Learning Support Assistant from Barry and proud father of four, has kindly approached SNAP Cymru to volunteer his time and effort to run in the World Championship Cardiff Half Marathon. We would love to see our families, professionals and funders support Gary as he attempts to raise at least £500 to help us provide ongoing advice and support for families.
So why support Gary?
Gary is a proud father of four children and amazingly still finds time to volunteer as a Learning Support Assistant in Barry Island Primary School. While the thought of looking after children at home and in work can be challenging for any parent Gary is also studying online with the Open University to become a full time Teacher. Doing all of this is astonishing in itself, but now Gary is training for a Half Marathon to raise money for us to support children and families across Wales.
With the support of his wife Nicola and their children and his running partner Ali, Gary is running between 5-12 miles a day.
So now that we have learned about Gary and the amazing character behind the Run we would like to ask for you our supporters to put your weight behind Gary and support him in any way you can.
- Why not support Gary in his amazing effort
- Follow Gary’s progress on his Facebook page
- Donate securely on his SNAP Cymru JustGiving page
- Or turn up on the day to show your support and cheer him on during the race
SNAP Cymru, like many other Welsh charities, are struggling to cope with rising demand for support from families at a time when we face battles to maintain our funding.
Donating a few pounds to Gary’s campaign can have more impact than you could possibly imagine. Individual donations are a fantastic source of income for charities and the typical gift is £5 or £10. We all know that even a small donation can have a really big result if given to a cause that really needs it. Small donations can be particularly helpful for small charities like SNAP Cymru. Every donation can help a family access reliable information to ensure their child has the right support.
If you’re inspired to fundraise for us? Here’s some tips to help you get started:
1. Read our top tips on fundraising in our ’50 Ways to Raise a Fiver!’ Get to grips with the basics of fundraising, and really make the most of what you have to work with.
2. Don’t do it all by yourself, or think about how you could involve work colleagues, friends and family. And if you’d like to have a chat with us about what you’ve got planned or you’re after some more inspiration just give us a call on 01554 778288.
3. Set up an online JustGiving page. It’s absolutely the easiest possible way for you to get sponsored by friends, family, and colleagues. It only takes 5 minutes to set up a page and then you can add the links to emails, as well as your Facebook and Twitter pages. It’s a straight forward process to make a donation to SNAP Cymru – simply follow the link to our account at https://www.justgiving.com/snapcymru/donate/
4. Let us help you out! We’ve got lots of collection tins and other fundraising materials for you to use, just give us a call on 01554 778288/02920 348990. All we ask is that you return any collection tins or buckets when you’re finished with them so that we can send them out to other fundraisers.
If you have any questions or would just like to have a chat about your fundraising, contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01554 778288/02920 348990.