Would you be interested in supporting families of children with Special Educational Needs by training to be a volunteer telephone helpline advisor?
If you have time to offer, you’ll gain valuable skills and experience and be part of a team making a real difference to children and families who need us.
You’ll be trained and develop the skills needed to offer support and practical advice to the many families who call us for help.
As a telephone helpline advisor volunteer you would:
• Listen to families and build up a clear picture of what is happening
• Listen to children and promote the child’s view
• Help families’ complete forms and write letters if needed
• Help parents/carers to express their views and communicate with schools and local authorities
• Explain rights and responsibilities
• Help families prepare for meetings, understand the assessment process and the roles of professionals
• Find further sources of information, support and advice to provide to families
The next training course will be in Swansea during July.
If you have past experience as a parent or as a professional in education, health or social care, or are passionate about supporting other families… why not come and meet us for a chat at out Telephone helpline coffee morning.
When: 21st of June at 10.30 am
Where: SNAP Cymru, Acorn Business Centre, 250 Carmarthen Road, Swansea SA1 1HG
It’s incredibly rewarding!
For more information contact us on 01792 457305 email@example.com
Click here for more information: http://www.snapcymru.org/get-involved/volunteer-roles/ and see the details for Telephone Helpline Volunteer