National Executive Committee Member
SNAP Cymru is an all Wales children’s charity working with families, young people and professionals on issues regarding additional learning needs and disabilities.
SNAP Cymru Volunteer Role Description:
National Executive Committee Member.
Aim of volunteering role:
To help SNAP Cymru to manage the charity as a Volunteer Trustee.
The objective of the volunteering role is to provide:
An active contribution in providing good governance, strategic direction, defining goals, and setting targets for evaluating performance.
The duties of a SNAP Cymru Trustee are to:
- ensure that the organisation complies with its governing document.
- ensure the organisation pursues its objectives as defined in its governing document.
- ensure the organisation applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objectives.
- safeguard the good name of SNAP Cymru.
- ensure effective administration of the organization.
- help ensure financial stability of SNAP Cymru.
- protect and manage the property of the organization.
- appoint the Chief Executive Director and monitor his/her performance.
Volunteer Trustees meetings are held quarterly.
Trustees are also invited to events and may also choose to contribute to SNAP Cymru activities throughout the year.
Place of work:
Trustee meetings are generally held in Mid Wales.
Volunteer Unit Contact Details
Telephone: 02920 384868 – Email: email@example.com
Trustee Person Specification:
- A commitment to the organisation.
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort.
- Strategic vision.
- Good independent judgement.
- An ability to think creatively.
- A willingness to speak their mind.
- An understanding and acceptance of legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeships.
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness. Integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
Two references required.
CRB check required.
Agreement to the code of conduct for SNAP Cymru Trustees.
All materials supplied.
- Full training in order to carry out the role described.
- On the job training where necessary.
- Travelling costs and meal allowances are paid.
- Full insurance cover.
- Social events and activities.
How to Apply:
Download and fill in the Volunteer Application Form and post it to the address below or apply online.
FAO: Caroline Rawson
10 Coopers Yard