Parent Partnership Service - bridging the gap between parents and professionals
Independent parental support & pupil participation
SNAP Cymru is an all-Wales children’s charity working with families, young people and professionals on issues regarding additional learning needs and disabilities
Our Independent Parent Partnership is free to families and offers impartial, accurate information, advice and support through our Independent Parental Support Scheme (IPS)
Our teams of trained staff and volunteers help:
- Families make informed decisions about school and other educational placements and provision from health, education, social services and other agencies.
- Families work in partnership and maintain good working relationships with relevant professionals.
- Schools in continuing to develop good working practice with parents/carers.
- Families play an active and valued role in their child’s education and development - giving families a choice.
Our teams of trained staff and volunteers offer:
- Confidential, accurate information, advice and support.
- A listening ear, an opportunity for families to talk things through.
- Help to gain access to a range of support services and expert advice.
- Practical help in dealing with letters, filling in forms and understanding professional reports.
Our team of trained staff and volunteers provide:
Information, advice and support about concerns that may affect children and young people’s education and development including:
- Advice on rights and responsibilities.
- Additional needs for children, including those of pre-school age.
- Understanding a child’s Individual Educational Plan
- School Action & School Action Plus.
- The Statementing process.
- Annual reviews.
- Transition planning.
- Non-attendance or truanting.
- Exclusions, appeals and tribunals.
Your local SNAP Cymru team is here to help you through:
- Telephone or e-mail.
- Letter and written information.
- Appointment at the local Partnership Office.
- Arranging a home visit if appropriate.
- Support at meetings.
- Training for parents, carers and professionals.
Helpline: 0845 120 3730
Mon - Fri: 09:30 - 16:30
Parent Partnership Services in Flintshire are provided by the local Citizen’s Advice Bureau. You can find out more about it here.
SNAP Cymru also provides: