Project Support Volunteer
SNAP Cymru is an all Wales children’s charity working with families, young people and professionals on issues regarding additional learning needs and disabilities
SNAP Cymru Volunteer Role Description:
Project Support Volunteer.
Aim of volunteering role:
To help SNAP Cymru to provide a range of services to families.
The objective of the volunteering role is to provide:
Office based support for staff and volunteers, or to assist with training, fundraising and literature distribution.
- To provide an office based administration and secretarial service.
- To answer telephone enquiries.
- To ensure that appropriate standards of confidentiality and security are maintained within the office.
- To use IT equipment.
- To be an integral member of the office team.
Volunteers are welcome to spend as long or as short a time working with us, so long as it is by arrangement with the Volunteer Manager / Named Person. It is preferred that you commit to a minimum of one day a month. There are regular volunteers’ meetings to which you will be invited.
Place of work:
SNAP Cymru has a head office base in Cardiff and regional/satellite offices throughout Wales.
Volunteer Unit Contact Details
Telephone: 02920 384868 – Email: email@example.com
Your local office will appoint a named person where appropriate.
- Ability to communicate with parents and professionals.
- Solution focused.
- Partnership working.
- Office skills.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Welsh/other languages an advantage.
Two references required.
CRB check required.
All materials supplied.
- Full training in order to carry out the role described.
- On the job training where necessary.
- Travelling costs and meal allowances are paid.
- Full insurance cover.
- Social events and activities.
SNAP Cymru will give you the Opportunity to: Help Children and young people in your community to reach their full potential. Become a valued member of a local team and make friends, learn new skills through work experience.
How to Apply:
Download and fill in the Volunteer Application Form and post it to the address below or apply online.
FAO: Caroline Rawson
10 Coopers Yard