“You make a life by what you give”
An amazing 80 SNAP Cymru volunteers received a certificate signed by the First Minister, the Rt Hon Carwyn Jones (AM), acknowledging their outstanding contribution to volunteering in Wales.
As part of Volunteers week in early June, SNAP staff gave a massive ‘thank you’ to all their volunteers who continually amaze us with their dedication, hard work and skills.
Volunteers are critical to the success of SNAP Cymru. Recent research shows that for every £1 invested in SNAP, we are able to provide approximately £20 in return on that investment – our volunteers are a huge part of that. Their skills, hard work and professionalism really inspires confidence in SNAP Cymru.
Investors in People assessors say we have;
“Exceptional engagement from a volunteer workforce who gauge what they get back from their efforts in terms of positive personal development, self-esteem, confidence and recognition, rather than in monetary terms… Such volunteers are exceptionally motivated and engaged. They are treated equally and are considered invaluable to the organisation. There is exceptional support and development offered to the volunteer workforce and there are many examples of people whose lives have been turned around through the experience of volunteering.”
Pam Tanner, IIP, 2014
So once again, we’d like to thank all our volunteers for:
– the wonderful job handling calls and supporting families across Wales
– every time a family is helped to understand and make sense of paperwork or have the confidence to express their views
– patient business support and detailed help with accounts and administration
– getting out our leaflets and information for families across local communities
– delivering training sessions with humour and expertise
– helping steer us through with business and strategic expertise
– supporting and caring for each other and for helping the whole team to make the best of their talents and skills