SNAP Cymru – Finance and Business Support Assistant
Responsible to: Finance Co-ordinator for finance tasks and the Senior Leaders for Business tasks
Responsible for: volunteers
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: responsibility band 3 spinal point 13
Control Office: Cardiff
(Will require a very small amount of travel when Covid restrictions ease)
The role of the Finance and Business Assistant (FBA) is an important one in SNAP Cymru. FBA duties can include everything from helping with finances, scheduling meetings, correspondence, and note-taking. The FBA Assistant can also expect to answer phone calls, and send emails as directed as well as organise events.
Supporting the work of the Finance Unit through
- Assisting in the overall financial activity of SNAP Cymru
- Undertake specific tasks to support the management of financial administration
- Undertake specific tasks to archive and store financial records
And also learn about and assist with:
- Purchase Ledger Administration tasks as set by the Finance Co-Ordinator
- Sales Ledger Administration tasks as set by the Finance Co-Ordinator
Supporting the work of the Business Support Unit through:
- Acting as a first point of contact: dealing with correspondence and phone calls.
- Assisting the lead officers with the following administrative tasks:
- Marketing & Publicity
- Income Generation
- Assist in the recruitment and training of a team of volunteers
- Managing diaries and organising meetings and appointments for the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) including:
- Booking and arranging travel, transport and accommodation as appropriate.
- Organising events and conferences.
- Reminding the SLT of important tasks and deadlines.
- Typing, compiling and preparing reports, presentations and correspondence.
- Managing databases and filing systems.
- Implementing and maintaining procedures/administrative systems.
- Fact finding on behalf of the SLT
- Organising the Senior Leadership Team’s business commitments.
- Undertake all necessary health & safety procedures
- Good general education including Business Studies or equivalent
- Preferably with experience of a computerised accounting package
- Confidence in inputting data
- Attention to detail
- Work within a team as well as being able to carry out tasks without close supervision
- Excellent communication skills written and spoken
- A commitment to the ethos and practices of SNAP Cymru
- Adherence to all regulations and legislation affecting SNAP Cymru