The quality of our training is widely recognised and draws upon local and national guidance and experience gained from over 25 years of working in partnership with parents and professionals.
• Helps Parents and Carers become more confident in supporting their child and in working with the practitioners they meet
• Helps professionals develop their settings and their practice to become more inclusive for individuals with additional needs
• Encourages people to work collaboratively on behalf of children and young people
• Helps develop a high quality and skilled Welsh workforce.
Why Choose Our Courses?
• We are passionate about HOW you learn and ensure our training courses are stimulating and above all enjoyable. You will be taught by experts in the field
• Training is as interactive as possible. This is backed up with presentations and discussions to deliver relevant information in an easy to digest format with well-designed supporting materials
• In evaluation100% of participants said they would recommend our training to others
• Courses are friendly, informal and run in small groups. This gives you plenty of opportunity to discuss individual issues, problems and solutions with both the tutors and other participants
• Attending a SNAP Cymru course allows you to ‘tap into’ a wealth of experience and support and ongoing support is available from our development teams across Wales
• Because no one individual or organisation is the same, we make sure that all our training is tailored to fit. We also provide in-house training or we can design a complete course to suit your requirements
• We offer very competitive prices for our courses
Our Clients Include:
• Parents, Foster Carers and Young People
• Health Professionals, Social Workers, Youth Offending Teams and Careers Advisors
• Specialist Teachers, SENCO’s and Learning Support Assistants
• Local Authorities and Public Services Ombudsman for Wales
• Early Year’s Providers, Health Visitors and Portage Workers
• Service Managers, Head Teachers and School Governors
• Third Sector Employees, Volunteers and Students
Training for Youth Offending Services throughout Wales on behalf of the Welsh Government in 2010 -100% of 89 participants said the training would:
‘Have a positive impact on their work with young people’
Training for Careers Wales Gwent on ALN and Disability in 2012 – 100% of the 45 Careers Advisors said:
‘It helped them focus on the most effective ways of supporting clients with ALN and Disability.’
Diversity Training City and County of Swansea April 2010 – 100% rated the training as ‘excellent’; ‘Lovely program and well organised’; ‘challenged preconceptions’ and ‘gave a lot to take away.’
Our existing courses are designed to meet the needs of a variety of individuals, practitioners and organisations. They can be delivered at a venue of your choice or at one of SNAP Cymru’s training venues. We can also develop or modify a course specifically to meet your needs.
If you cannot find what you are looking for, please contact us: email@example.com
Our normal charges range from £60-£120 per person per course.
Group discounts and concessions are also available for partner organisations.
FREE Training for SNAP Cymru Beneficiaries.
Funding from the European Social Funds and other trusts enable SNAP Cymru to offer subsidised and sometimes FREE training to specific groups of young people and individuals in targeted areas. Please contact us to see if you are eligible.
Cancellations or postponement can only be accepted in writing.
Should SNAP Cymru cancel an event a full refund will be made.
Should delegates cancel or postpone the following charges apply:
- 22 days or more — no fee
- 15 – 21 days prior to event — 50% of course fee
- 14 days or less, or failure to attend — 100% of course fee
Agored Cymru Accreditation – take credit for your learning!
Success now, and in the future, is about learning. By gaining credits for your learning you are doing exactly that. Over 800,000 people registered on Agored Cymru (formally Open College Network Wales) courses last year, so you are in good company! Agored recognise and accredit courses covering all aspects of education and training. SNAP Cymru work alongside Agored Cymru to award nationally recognised certificates of achievement using their system of credits.
Levels of attainment:
- Level One is comparable to NVQ1, Foundation GNVQ and GCSE grades D-G. This doesn’t necessarily mean that you have completed the equivalent of one whole GCSE, but that you are working at an equivalent level of achievement. This represents the development of foundation skills and the acquisition of basic learning skills.
- Level Two is comparable to NVQ2, Intermediate GNVQ and GCSE grades A* – C. Once again, this doesn’t necessarily mean that you have completed the equivalent of one whole GCSE, but that you are working at an equivalent level of achievement.
- Level Three This represents the use of skills and competences independently and analytically. It demonstrates that you are working at a level equivalent to NVQ three or A level. Most learners hoping to access Higher Education seek to achieve credits at level three.
- Level Four is comparable to the skill and competency level of a HNC.
Credit – The standard unit of measurement used by Agored to indicate volume and breadth of learning. All learning achievement is described in terms of ‘credit’. The number of credits indicates the volume of learning for which the Agored definition is used. 1 Credit is equivalent to 10 hours of learning (including your portfolio building or any work you do independently).
How will my work be assessed?
During your course, your tutor will help you to document your achievement by supporting you to produce pieces of work (assessment tasks). They may take the format of worksheets or practical tasks. These will be put together in a folder, along with testimonies from the tutor and/or other learners stating that you have achieved certain assessment criteria. You will always be made aware of the assessment tasks and your tutor will always help you to achieve your potential. More information can be found in our Access to Fair Assessment Policy.
If you are unsure about any of the assessments, or you have specific learning requirements/learning barriers, please do not hesitate to speak to your tutor about this as we will endeavour to adjust the tasks to suit your needs (see the Access to Fair Assessment and Equality and Diversity policies for further information on special arrangements and considerations).
What can I do with my credits?
Agored credits are generally accepted as a means of entry to further study by further and higher education providers and by a large number of employers and trainers. You can use your credits to demonstrate your achievements and prove that you have knowledge and skills in a wide range of subjects. Depending on which level of course you take, you can use the credits to progress onto other courses. Contact your local colleges and speak to them about what opportunities are open to you.
Will I receive a certificate?
Yes, once your portfolio has been assessed by your tutor and checked by an internal verifier, SNAP Cymru will recommend that Agored issues a certificate which will be forwarded to you. Please note that this process can take several weeks.
SNAP Cymru is committed to providing learners with the opportunity to achieve and our training provision is fair and equal ensuring that, wherever possible, all learners with the relevant skills, knowledge and understanding can have their achievement recognised’. We hope you will take this opportunity to have your achievement rewarded.
We welcome feedback from all of our learners any concerns are usually resolved informally, however, for further information please see the SNAP Cymru.
Assessment Appeals Procedure and Complaints Policy.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our learners. We may collect, store and use information you provide us for the purpose of registering with AGORED Cymru along with any other information that you choose to send to us which may relate to your learning, such as access needs and prior qualifications.
We will not collect data or other material that cannot legitimately be shown to be related directly or indirectly to the registration of learners. Personal information submitted to us will only be used for the purposes specified in this statement. For further information please see the SNAP Cymru Training Data Protection Policy.
We wish you every success!
As an approved centre with Agored Cymru, we are pleased to offer Partnership Arrangements to organisations and individuals who wish to deliver nationally recognised and accredited training. Often small organisations wish to offer accreditation to learners, but are likely to only accredit small numbers of learners completing 2-3 credits each. As approved centres pay annual recognition fees as well as a charge per credit, the unit cost of credit is often prohibitively high. The administration and quality assurance responsibilities to achieve and maintain approved status are also skilled roles and are both expensive and time consuming. Partnership Arrangements can be an excellent first step for aspiring training organisations or for those projects wishing to fulfill the training and accreditation requirements of project funding.
How Do Partnership Arrangements Work?
To deliver nationally accredited training, providers must be an ‘approved centre’ or be in a partnership arrangement with one. All compliance matters and quality assurance are dealt with by us, leaving you to concentrate on delivering high quality training. You will receive all materials along with information regarding any professional development activities. Our training unit will communicate with you regularly to ensure all aspects of your training are compliant and provide you with support when needed. After delivery of your course and submission of all course paperwork and assessment evidence we will internally verify your courses and recommend successful learners for credit.
We can also help you develop new accredited training and have experience of delivering, assessing and verifying courses from Entry Level up to Level 4.
Our Partnership Arrangement fees are based on administration set up and per certificate basis and are very competitive.
For further information regarding a Partnership Arrangement contact the Training Manager on 01554 778 288 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Assessment Appeals Procedure
Children and Vulnerable Adult Training Policy
Conflict of Interest Policy
Data Protection Policy
Attending a SNAP Cymru course allows you to ‘tap into’ a wealth of experience and support – the training helped me focus on the most effective ways of supporting my clients with ALN and Disability.Careers Officer - ALN and Disability Training
The training was excellent’; a lovely program and well organised, it challenged my preconceptions and gave a lot to take away.YMCA Project Worker - Diversity Training
A very balanced course which was accessible for both parents and professionals, the delivery was outstanding.Social Worker – Key Working Training
The most valued thing I have done is the SEN course this has allowed me to understand my rights has a parent.Parent – Understanding SEN Training
SNAP Cymru is a Registered Charity providing nationally recognised training accredited by Agored Cymru. Our training unit was established to compliment our Parent Partnership Service and provide the most relevant and interesting training for people who work to improve outcomes for children and young people in Wales. The quality of our training is widely recognised and draws upon local and national guidance and experience gained from 28 years of working in partnership with parents and professionals. We have existing partnership arrangements with both Local Authority and Welsh Government funded initiatives such as Early Support Wales/Children in Wales
As an approved centre with Agored Cymru we have produced and maintain strict policies and procedures relating to all aspects of our training operations and continuously improve these standards in consultation with partners, trainers and awarding bodies. During our last quality review we had no non-compliance issues and were commended on the quality of our assessment tools and administration systems.
Why Partner with SNAP Cymru?
- Established training organisation with reputable client base
(including the Welsh Government, Local Government Organisations, Local Health Boards, Youth Offending Services, Careers Wales etc)
- Agored Cymru approved centre with 12 years experience
- Excellent operational systems and friendly, enthusiastic staff
- Competitive fees
- Regular continuous improvement meetings with partners
- Regular professional development activities
- Online document library, including assessment materials and policy documents
- Your company logo on certificates and a quick turnaround on certificates
- Welsh speaking trainers, assessors, and verifiers
- Because no one individual or organisation is the same, we make sure our partnership arrangements are tailored to fit.